This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.podsplay.com (Site) and each of our mobile applications that we make available from time to time (Apps). The Site is operated, and the Apps are provided by, Pods Products Ltd (we, us and our). We are a limited company, registered in England. Our registered company number is 8755032, and our registered office is at Wayside, Whatlington Road, Battle, East Sussex, TN33 0JN, United Kingdom.
Our VAT registration number is 198 7371 47. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy online. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us to be distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have over it.
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information (such as your name and email address) that you provide by completing forms on the Site or Apps, including if you register as a user of the Site or Apps, upload or submit any material via the Site, or request any information;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys, promotions and competitions that we may, from time to time, run on the Site, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- technical information from your mobile device (such as location data) relating to the service you receive;
- information relating to your real time location;
- information that you post in the form of comments or contributions to the Site or Apps, which may include search terms you enter into the Site.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
- Uses made of your information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and Apps which you request. This may include disclosing and sharing your information to certain third parties if you were referred or linked to our Site or App from another third party website or application, or if our services are linked to another website or application which you access via our service;
- administer your account with us;
- analyse the use of the Site, Apps and the people visiting and/or using the Site and Apps in order to improve our content and services including research into our users’ demographics;
- We collect your real time location to provide location services requested by you in order to allow use of tagging features on the Site or Apps by you. You may opt out at any time from allowing further access by us to your location data by going to your device settings and turning off location services. You can also stop all information collection by uninstalling the Apps. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the Apps market place network;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including receipt of marketing communications such as a sponsored newsletter, provided you have indicated that you are happy to be contacted for these purposes.
- Additional information
When you visit the Site or access or use any Apps, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site or Apps and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site or Apps and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Cookies and similar technology
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
- remember that you have used the Site or Apps before – this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive and allows us to make sure that we have enough capacity for the number of users we get;
- allow you to navigate the Site more quickly and easily;
- remember your login session so you can move from one page to another within the Site;
- store your preferences;
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site or Apps for you;
- collect statistical information about how you use the Site or Apps so that we can improve the Site;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site.
Some of the cookies used on our Site are set by us and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site or Apps (as the case may be).
- a) Our cookies
|_utma||Our Site uses Google Analytics, a web service provided by Google. Google Analytics sets 4 cookies in order to evaluate your use of the Site.Google stores the information collected by the cookies on servers located in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You may reject or delete these cookies by following this link: https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
The _utma cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.
|The _utmb and _utmc cookies are brothers, working together to calculate how long a visit takes. _utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site, while _utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site. _utmb expires at the end of the session. _utmc waits 30 minutes and then expires. You see, _utmb has no way of knowing when a user closes their browser or leaves a website, so it waits 30 minutes for another page view to happen, and if it doesn’t, it expires.|
|_utmz||_utmz keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine you used, what link you clicked on, what keyword you used, and where they were in the world when you accessed a website. It expires in 6 months. This cookie is how Google Analytics knows to whom and to what source/medium/keyword to assign the credit for a Goal Conversion or a Ecommerce Transaction. _utmz also lets you edit its length with a simple customisation to the Google Analytics Tracking code.|
- Information sharing
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to, and users of, the Site and the Apps in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site or the Apps, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
- Public forums
The Site and Apps may, from time to time, make comment facilities, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
- Child safety
Our Site and Apps are designed for use by those aged 13 years or over. If you are less than 13 years old, we are afraid that you cannot use the Site or Apps. If you are 13 years old or older, but under the age of 18, please go through these terms with your parent or guardian and make sure that both of you are happy with them and agree with them.
- External links
The Site and Apps may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site or Apps whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
- Data storage and international transfers
Information that you submit via the Site or Apps is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. If you make contact with any business featured on the Site your details may be transferred outside the EEA. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Site or Apps, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
In addition, if you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
- Your rights
You have a legal right to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Contacting us